SUMMER BEEN A DRAG? HAS THE HEAT GOT YOU DOWN? AS SUMMER MOVES ON, KEEP COOL INDOORS WITH OU JOB BOARD SECOND SESSION SUMMER COURSES AVAILABLE NATIONALLY ONLINE
The Orthodox Union Job Board has begun registration for the second session of summer online courses, to help individuals advance their skills to enter or move up in the workplace. Job seekers once again have the opportunity from the OU Job Board to learn the need-to-know software required in today’s marketplace. Classes are offered in the mornings and evenings, geared to include participants in different cities, including the West Coast.
Classes will be held for an hour-and-a-half each, for six weeks.
Courses will begin July 26 and will be available online via WebEx, a completely interactive chatroom.
Courses offered, based on skill level, include:
• Microsoft Quickbooks: the most used and requested accounting software;
• Microsoft Excel: the most required spreadsheet software;
• Adobe Dreamweaver: tools for the “hottest” jobs relevant to website development and maintenance;
• Adobe Photoshop: the most requested graphic software: topics that will be covered include adjustments; filters; layers; and advertising effects;
• Adobe Illustrator: topics include compound path and masking; creating geometric shapes and drawing in Illustrator; drawing Disney characters with pen tools; and creating patterns/textiles with swatches palettes
Classes are limited in size and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration for the online classes is $50. A discount is available to anyone who registers for three or more different classes.
To register and for more information, go to www.oujobs.org or call 212-563-4000.