In light of very recent events in Mumbai, India, and the tragic and brutal murders by Islamic terrorists of over 190 civilians including several Jews, among them Chabad Shlichim Rabbi and Rebbetzin Holtzberg, hy”d, killed in the Chabad house, the OU:
- condemns this callous act of terrorism;
- expresses its deepest condolences to the families of all of the victims, and wish a refuah shelema to all those injured;
- expresses its solidarity with the government and people of India;
- expresses its admiration and support of the important work and contribution of the Chabad community worldwide, and the accomplishments of The Lubavitcher Rebbe zt"l; and
- calls for an international coordinated response to this and all acts of Islamic terrorism.