Chia seeds are a tiny, nutrient packed boost to add to your veggies, baked goods, cereals, smoothies, and more. We all know Chia seeds are healthy.
Do you eat them for their:
- High amount of fiber?
- Vitamin content (calcium, phosphorous, and manganese)?
- Antioxidant and omega-3 properties?
Regardless of the reason, we’ll tell you how to eat them:
- Throw them straight in a blender/recipe
- Mix with 3 parts water to make a “gel” consistency (can be used as a substitute for 1 egg in baking)
- Mix with liquid and let sit overnight for a healthy breakfast pudding
Kosher when in an unprocessed, raw form.
Processed or flavored? Requires OU Kosher symbol on packaging.
Our favorite Chia Recipe:
Chocolate Avocado Chia Pudding
2 very ripe avocados
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3 tb coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup chia seeds
½ cup almond or soy milk
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Can serve immediately, or refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to thicken and chill.