Continuing its commitment to strengthening Jewish families and addressing timely issues impacting Jewish homes, the Orthodox Union Department of Community Services | Jewish Community Programs will present a special presentation and discussion for “Empowering Success as a Single Parent,” led by Rachel Pill, L.C.S.W. The event, co-sponsored by the Young Israel of Flatbush, will take place on Saturday, January 7 at 7:30 p.m. at the synagogue, 1012 Avenue I.
The event is in partnership with Sister to Sister, a Brooklyn-based support network for Jewish single mothers.
The communal event, geared for single parents, both men and women, is open to all, with free admission. Registration is encouraged, at www.oucommunity.org.
Topics will include:
• The many roles of a single parent;
• Strategies for effective parenting in the best interest of the children;
• Challenges encountered in meeting everyone’s needs, including oneself;
• Developing time for yourself while juggling a busy schedule;
• Tips for personal success and overcoming obstacles;
• Empowering single parent family members with the skills to succeed in relationships, friendships, and future encounters;
• Dating again;
• When and how to integrate a new person into your children’s lives;
• Instilling/regaining self-confidence and successfully moving ahead
Rachel Pill, a popular speaker for the OU, maintains a private practice in Lawrence, NY. She is the Co-Founder and Co-Director of The Long Island Guidance and Wellness Center, a mental health agency providing group sessions and workshops on topics such as parenting and marriage.
For further information, go to www.oucommunity.org, or call 212-613-8300.
OU | Enhancing Jewish Life