New Jersey NCSY will present “Teens and Spirituality: New Approaches for a New Generation” on Sunday, January 8, from 7:00-10:00 p.m. at Congregation Bnai Yeshurun, 641 West Englewood Avenue in Teaneck. The event is rescheduled from its original date due to the snowstorm in October.
NCSY | Jewish Youth Leadership is the international youth movement of the Orthodox Union.
The evening -- through a series of sessions given by rabbis and educators from local shuls and high schools -- will address contemporary issues with spirituality experienced by teens within the modern Orthodox community.
Topics will include:
• “Making Shabbat Meaningful to a 21st Century Teenager”
• “What is Your Teenager Saying to God? Turning Our Teens on to Tefillah”
• “Teenage Girls and Spirituality: Struggles and Solutions”
• “The 10 Questions That Teens Ask, The 10 Answers You Need to Know”
Featured speakers at the event include:
• Rabbi Steven Burg, International Director of NCSY and OU Managing Director
• Rabbi Yaakov Glasser, Regional Director of New Jersey NCSY
• Rabbi Dr. Jonathan Rosenblatt, Senior Rabbi at Riverdale Jewish Center
• Rabbi Larry Rothwachs, Senior Rabbi at Congregation Beth Aaron
• Lauren Roth, MSW, LSW, Marriage and Parenting Therapist
• Rabbi Eliezer E. Rubin, Principal of Rae Kushner Yeshiva High and Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy Middle School
• Mrs. C.B. Neugroschl, Head of School at Yeshiva University High School for Girls
• Rabbi Daniel Price, Associate Dean of The Rosenbaum Yeshiva of North Jersey
OU | Enhancing Jewish Life