Bereshit 5770 Quiz
01. What of the following is not an identification of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil according to the Talmud?
A. Etrog Tree
B. Fig Tree
D. Apple Tree
E. Grape Vine
02. According to the Rambam (Maimonides), “Maaseh Breishit” refers to_____.
A. Mystical secrets
B. The laws of Shabbat
C. Aristotelian physics
D. Platonic metaphysics
E. Natural universal laws
03. What is not one of four rivers flowing out of Gan Eden?
04. Which day of creation had a double “Ki Tov”?
05. What is not an explanation of the argument of Kayin and Hevel according to the Midrash?
A. They were fighting over property.
B. They were fighting over women.
C. They were fighting over where God’s Temple would be built (religion).
D. They were fighting over where the Torah would be given.
E. All of the above.
06. Hevel literally means
07. What type of garment did God give to Adam and Chava after their sin?
A. Fig leaves
08. What is guarding the entrance to the Garden of Eden?
D. The turning flaming sword
E. C & D
09. In what direction was Adam and Chava exiled from the Garden of Eden?
10. According to the Mishneh which of the following was not created “Bain Hashmashot”?
A. Bilaam’s donkey
B. Moshe’s staff
C. The two tablets
D. King Solomon’s ring
E. The Shamir worm
11. What is the first use of God’s name “Y H V H?
A. The sixth day of creation
B. When God rests on the Sabbath
C. The second story of creation
D. When He separates Chava from Adam.
E. When God punishes Adam and Chava for disobeying Him.
12. What Mitzvah is taught in Parshat Breishit?
A. Don’t cut down fruit trees
D. Don’t kill
E. Don’t eat without a Brachah
13. What was not on the list of six commandments to Adam HaRishon?
A. Don’t steal
B. Don’t kill
C. Create courts
D. Love thy neighbor as thyself
E. Don’t blaspheme
14. Who named Chavah the second time?
C. The Snake
D. The Angels
E. Chavah named herself
15. According to the Midrash, Chanoch was transformed into:
B. The Angel Gavriel
C. The Angel Metatron
D. Malki Tzedek
E. The Angel Refael
16. Noach was the first_____
A. man to not have girls
B. man to fear God
C. man to recognize God
D. man born after the death of Adam
E. man to plant trees
17. According to the Midrash who was Noach’s wife?