01. Which of the following is NOT a difference between the Aseret Ha-Dibrot (Ten Commandments) as presented in Shemot and the Aseret Ha-Dibrot in Devarim?
A. Shemot say “זָכוֹר אֶת-יוֹם הַשַּׁבָּת, לְקַדְּשׁוֹ” while Devarim says “שָׁמוֹר אֶת-יוֹם הַשַּׁבָּת”
B. Shemot says that we keep Shabbat because God created the world in six days, while Devarim says that we keep Shabbat to commemorate the exodus from Egypt.
C. Shemot says to honor your parents, while Devarim says to fear your parents.
D. Devarim prohibits coveting your neighbor’s field, while Shemot does not.
E. Devarim connects commandments six through nine with a “vav”, while Shemot does not.
02. What is unique about the Korban that is brought on Shavuot?
A. It involved a goat.
B. It was Chametz.
C. It was brought at night.
D. Every Kohain in the Beit Hamikdash was involved.
E. It was brought by women.
03. In the time of the Beit Hamikdash, if you did not bring the Korban Chagigah before Shavuot what should you do?
A. Bring two korbanot next Shavuot.
B. Bring an extra korban during the next holiday of Sukkot
C. Bring the korban during the week following Shavuot
D. Nothing can be done.
E. A, B or C
04. What is the reason for staying up late the first night of Shavuot?
A. Following the example of the Kohein Gadol who stayed up the night of Yom Kippur
B. Following the example of Hashem who neither rests nor slumbers (“lo
yanum ve’lo yishan
C. Following the example of Rabbi Yosef Karo who stayed up all night and was visited by the Spirit of the Mishneh.
D. Following the example of Gideon’s army who stayed up all night before attacking their enemies.
E. Following the example of Moshe Rabbeinu who was awake for 40 days and nights on Has Sinai.
05. Which of the following is NOT part of the Shelah's version of the Arizal's Tikkun Leil Shavuot?
A. The Aseret Hadibrot
B. The Zohar
C. The Gemara
D. Sefer Yetzirah
06. What is NOT a name for Shavuot?
A. Chag Ha-Katzir
B. Yom Habikkurim
C. Leil HaTorah
E. Zman Matan Torateinu
07. What did Bnei Yisroel do for Sheloshet Yimei Hagbalah?
A. Learned Torah
B. Prepared for the giving of the Torah
C. Separated husbands and wives
D. Sacrificed animals
E. B & C
08. According to the Gemarah, what does “Lo Tignov” mean?
A. Don’t steal.
B. Don’t murder.
C. Don’t kidnap.
D. Don’t commit grand larceny
E. Don’t steal other people’s ideas.
09. What is NOT true about Akdamot?
A. It was composed by Rashi
B. Every line ends with the letters “Tav” and Aleph”
C. It was composed in the 11th Century
D. It praises God, the Torah and the Jewish people.
E. It is recited on the first day of Shavuot
10. What is another name for Har Sinai?
11. Which Mitzvah begins with Shavuot?
12. Ruth was NOT the ancestor of?
13. According to Chazal, why was Ruth, a Moabite, allowed to marry Boaz, an Israelite?
A. Because she was a sincere convert
B. Because there was an exception to allow David HaMelech to come into the world.
C. Because she was female.
D. Because she was secretly born Jewish and adopted by the Moabite King.
E. Because the Mitzvah of Yibum overrode the prohibition against marrying Moabites.
14. Why do we read Megillat Ruth on Shavuot?
A. Because King David who died on Shavuot was descended from Ruth
B. To teach us about Chesed, the foundation of the Torah
C. Because Ruth takes place during the grain harvesting season which is between Pesach and Shavuot
D. Because Ruth adopted Judaism just like the Jewish people adopted Judaism on Shavuot
E. All of the above.
15. According to Chazal, who was Ruth’s nephew?
A. Do’eg HaEdomi
B. King David
D. King Shaul
E. B & D
16. Matan Torah is the paradigm for which Mitzvah?
B. Kibud Av Ve-Aim (Honoring one’s parents)
C. Visiting the sick