Chanukah 5769 Quiz
01. Why do we celebrate Chanukah?
A. Because the Jews defeated the Greeks so they could be free to serve G-d and to remember the miracle of the oil
B. Because the Jews defeated the Greeks and there were no other occasions to celebrate in the month of Kislev
C. Because the oil burned for eight days instead of one and Haman was defeated
02. Who was the Greek king during the Chanukah story?
03. How many days did the one jar of oil burn?
04. Who lit the menorah in the Beis Hamikdash?
A. The Kohen Gadol
B. The king
C. The general
05. What was the name of the man who led the Jews into battle?
06. Who is Yehudit?
A. The woman who killed one of the Greek generals
B. The woman who lost seven sons
C. The woman who was married to Antiochus
07. Where is the best place to light the menorah?
A. On the dining room table
B. In the garage
C. By the front door or window
08. How many candles do we light each night of Chanukah?
A. We light eight every night
B. We light one the first night and then add one every night
C. We light eight the first night and then light one less each night
09. What special addition is there to Shemone Esrei and Grace After Meals on Chanukah?
B. Ya'aleh V'yavoh
C. Al Hanissim
10. How many times is Chanukah mentioned in the Torah?
B. Three times
C. Not at all