OU Presents Reflections on Teshuvah
In anticipation of the High Holidays, the Orthodox Union will offer Reflections on Teshuvah, a series of educational and inspirational programming on OU Radio, www.ouradio.org, beginning September 4, 2007 to October 3, 2007.
This series is part of the Take Five for Torah program of the OU's Department of Community Services, in which the rabbis from OU member synagogues across North America share their insights with a worldwide audience in five-minute sessions.
According to Josh Vogel, Program Coordinator of the Take Five for Torah program, "Take 5 is a wonderful opportunity to incorporate meaningful learning into one's day. It is unique in that you can walk away with inspirational Torah insights as well as repeat the concise information to your family or friends. This piques interest for further inquiry into the topic."
"It could easily become the most important five minutes of your day," he declared.
During the non-holiday season, the daily Take Five for Torah programming presents insights on tefilah (prayer) on Mondays, halacha (Jewish law) on Tuesdays, midot (character improvement) on Wednesdays, parsha (weekly Torah portion) on Thursdays, and Shabbat-related topics on Fridays.
For further information, and to listen to the programs, access the website, www.ouradio.org/takefive or contact Josh Vogel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is Take Five for Torah schedule (tentative and subject to change):
• September 4, Rabbi Elan Adler, (Moses Montefiore Anshe Emunah Hebrew Congregation, Baltimore, MD), Yakov and Lavan - A Benchmark for Self Improvement
• September 5, Rabbi Charlie Buckholtz, (Community Synagogue Max D. Raiskin Ctr., New York, NY), TBA
• September 6, Rabbi Solomon Freilich,( Congregation Brothers of Israel, Mt. Vernon, NY), TBA
• September 7, Rabbi David Fine, (Congregation Beth Israel Abraham and Voliner (BIAV) and Kans, Overland Park, KS), TBA
• September 10, Rabbi Barry Hartman, (Congregation Ahavath Achim, New Bedford, MA), TBA
• September 11, Rabbi Jason Herman, (Congregation Beth Israel - West Side Jewish Center, New York, NY), Tefillah
• September 12, Rabbi Barry Gelman, (United Orthodox Synagogues, Houston, TX), Applying Teshuvah Universally
• September 17, Rabbi Gabriel Elias, (Congregation Mogen David, Los Angeles, CA), Reflections on Shabbat Shuva
• September 18, Rabbi Shaya Sackett, (Degel Israel Congregation, Lancaster, PA), Chesed as a Catalyst for Teshuvah
• September 19, Rabbi Aaron Schwarzbaum, (Beth El Jacob Synagogue, Des Moines, IA), A Jew's Responsibility
• September 20, Rabbi Yehoshua Grunstein, (Amiel Institute, Efrat, Israel), TBA
• September 21, Rabbi Zev Shandalov, (Kehilath Jacob Beth Samuel, Chicago, IL), Change and Motivation
• September 24, Rabbi Daniel Cohen, (Congregation Agudath Sholom, Stamford, CT), TBA
• September 25, Rabbi Zvi Romm, (Bialystoker Synagogue, New York, NY), Lulav and Etrog - Unbreakable Bond
• September 26, Rabbi Mordechai Torzcyner, (Congregation Sons of Israel, Allentown, PA), Sukkot - Spreading the Joy
• October 1, Rabbi Shlomo Levin, (Lake Park Synagogue, Milwaukee, WI), The Symbolism of the Sukkah
• October 2, Rabbi Allen Schwartz, (Congregation Ohab Zedek, New York, NY),TBA
• October 3, Rabbi Chaim Lobel,(Young Israel of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, NJ), Inspiration of Yom Tov