OU Presents Free Night of Workshops on Positive Jewish Dating in Lawrence, 1/10
Doors for the program open at 7:30 p.m. The evening will be divided into two sessions, each with three concurrent workshops. Rabbi Dr. Tzvi Hersh Weinreb, Executive Vice President, who is a clinical psychologist, will deliver the keynote address.
Frank Buchweitz, National Director for the Department of Community Services and Special projects, declared, “It is our obligation as both individuals and communal members to assist in developing a forum for people to discuss practical ways to navigate the maze of Jewish dating. I’ve been creating singles events for 28 years because I consider it my personal responsibility as a community member to help bring people together. Finding ways for singles to meet and mingle in an atmosphere conducive towards marriage should be a communal mission.”
The first session, from 8:00-9:00 p.m., will include the following workshops:
• Helping Your Child Develop a Positive and Healthy Attitude Towards Finding a Mate, by Rochelle Harary, M.S.;
• What to Look For in a Healthy Relationship, by David Pelcovitz, Ph.D.; and
• How to Network Effectively, by Rosie Einhorn, LCSW.
The second session, at 9:10 p.m., will include the following workshops:
• Realistic and Unrealistic Expectations, by Rachel Pill, LCSW;
• How Involved Should a Parent be in the Dating Process? by Hindie M. Klein, Psy.D.; and
• Meeting the “Serious/Prospective” Partner for the First Time, by Ms. Einhorn.
At 10:15, Rabbi Weinreb will give the keynote address. For more information, or to register, contact Frank Buchweitz at 212-613-8188.